left My Tech News Blog: 10 items that can mess up your computer

Monday, September 22, 2008

10 items that can mess up your computer


1 - Plug into the wall without surge protection

2 - Surf the Internet without a firewall

3 - Neglect to run or update anti-virus and anti-spyware programs

4 - Install and uninstall lots of programs, especially betas

5 - Keep disks full and fragmented

6 - Open all attachments

7 - Click on everything

8 - Share and share alike

9 - Pick the wrong passwords

10 - Ignore the need for a backup and recovery plan


Which one is you or how many do you do


4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a power surge a couple of years ago, after the power company had been doing some work in the area. It ruined 2 computers, the microwave, one alarm clock, one video recorder, 2 TV's and the central heating timer. Exactly what you don't want just before Xmas! Luckily the power company admitted liability, and we received compensation to replace our lost items.

Anonymous said...

There was a time when I surf the internet and the PC I used (PC of my best friend)was attacked by the spy ware...It last for about 3 days, fortunately we've still kill the spy ware with the help of his brother...

Jenny said...

I have a desk top PC with window XP installed. I was on the computer and I don't know what I did to cause the screen to rotate 90 deg, counterclock wise ! I tried to fix the problem by rebooting and the picture still comes on rotated 90 deg. How do I rotate the picture back to the normal position ?

Nhoel said...

11.) Using pirated copies of softwares.