left My Tech News Blog: wireless security

Saturday, May 5, 2007

wireless security


Well I finely just finished setting up the security on my wireless router.

I first installed a newer Netgear router, and got that up and running with my broadband internet service.

I next turned my wireless router into a access point. following the instructions in the manuals made it quite easy.

If you havent secured your wireless connection you need to someone can pick up on your wireless signals and get into your computers (at least this is possible). Securing your router and your computers is the right thing to do. see a previous post on this also.

If you need help or would like specific info on a specific router please leave a comment with the router model number and I will see about getting you the info and posting it here.

0 Comments: