left My Tech News Blog: Another way to save Documents

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Another way to save Documents


How many computers do you have? I have several here. Well how important are the documents you have in your my documents folder? I know mine are important. Well I have one computer that I am running like a server but doesnt have server software installed on it, but it does work fine. see my example


Now I have blocked out part of the Target address but I will explain. Once you have setup a directory on the computer your using as a server, mark the directory as a shared directory. you can even put a password on that directory. Keep that server on all the time. Now when you open the properties of your my documents folder you will see a button that says find target click on that and search your network for the directory that you created on your server type computer and put that address in the Target box.

Now all your documents will be saved on the server type computer. If your using a laptop and will be taking it with you you can syncronize all those documents so that you have them saved on you laptop and they will also be on that server.

If you have any questions about this post please leave a comment.


0 Comments: