left My Tech News Blog: MySQL Installation

Thursday, March 15, 2007

MySQL Installation


To day I installed the first part. I went and installed the windows version of MySQL the program installed fairly easy. This was installed on a Windows 2000 machine. When I installed it I accepted the following prompts.

Typical Install, after the install then I selected configure the MySQL server now and then the Finish. Was then prompted to select the server instance configuration wizard which I selected the server machine and the default path for this install.

I then set up the networking part. With a default port of 3306 the other mode was disable or enable strict mode. I took the strict mode for now I can at least learn with the strict mode and change later if I want. I then selected to install as a service and I also included the bin directory in the path for working from the command line with MySQL. I then set the password and I didn’t set up the anonymous account. I was trying to be secure about it. The last part is clicking the finish button.

Here is where you can download MySQL installation.

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html

Look for Windows Downloads then download the Windows Essentials file it should have a *.msi file extension.


The next part will be on installing Apache


0 Comments: