left My Tech News Blog: Steelers Football

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Steelers Football


Thanks for the post, Vernon Lowe

I have a love/hate relationship with the Fall. This is a problem for me. Before I was married, I loved the Fall. It was hands down my favorite season. What is there not to love? Pumpkins. Changing Leaves. Apple cider. Hot chocolate. I like all of these things—no, that’s not even true. I LOVE all of these things. And then, (cue the suspenseful music) I moved in with my husband. And that’s where the ‘hate’ part of the relationship with Fall started. The football. It never stops. From September through January, it is all football in my house, all the time. Now, don’t get me wrong. I am a big fan of college football. I will watch my beloved Georgia Bulldogs every time they are on. This is good, because my husband loves college football too. Great! We can watch it together. However, the NFL is what gets me. My husband is a Steelers fan, but he will watch any game that is on. And thanks to Michigan HD TV, there is a game on nonstop. Of course these games must be watched on the best TV in the house, too, which happens to be in our family room. I am relegated to the bedroom to watch TV, and once I’m lying in bed I might as well just go to sleep. I miss half the shows I want to watch! Fortunately for our marriage, we have a DVR. I record all the shows I want to watch, and then I ban him from the family room anytime I can.

0 Comments: