left My Tech News Blog: Great Recipie

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Great Recipie


I love using an Eclectrics® Mixer. One of the advantages is that it is pretty much hands free. Just add your ingredients and then you’re on your way. I have owned a Hamilton Beach® Stand Mixer before and it is one of the better ones on the market. I want to share one of my family recipes with you. This is really good and I hope that you all enjoy this as much as we do.

Milky Way Cake
1 c butter/margarine
6 milky way candy bars
4 eggs
2 ½ c flour
2 c sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ¼ c buttermilk
1 c chopped walnuts

Melt candy bars over low heat with ½ c of butter. Cream sugar with ½ c butter. Add eggs one at a time. Add baking soda and flour alternating with buttermilk. Add melted candy bars and vanilla. Mix well. Add nuts. Bake in bundt pan at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 min.

Frosting
1 /2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Confectionary sugar
Buttermilk

Mix butter, vanilla and cocoa together. Add confectionary sugar and butter milk until drizzle consistency. Drizzle over cake. This is also good with IceCream.

So as you can see a Hamilton Beach® Mixer is a good one and it does make this tasty cake.






1 Comment:

Lifeiseasy said...

I saw that one in last night as was going to do it but was just too tired ...lol I am glad you got it :)
Great blog I love the way you have it laid out .I maybe asking for some tips too :)

Terry