left My Tech News Blog: Microsoft Home Server

Friday, June 8, 2007

Microsoft Home Server


Well I was reading through one of my news letters that I recieve, and low and behold there was one about microsoft home server. Now this package intrigued me to a great extent as I like playing with server software. MHS short for Microsoft Home Server is an imbeded product. The part that intrgued me the most was about the backup and restore capability that it has. It will back up your entire computer everynight. If your personal computer crashes and you need to replace the hard drive it is a pain staking task to restore it back to the way it was, sometimes that took 6 months or more to get it the way you want. Now with MHS you just put the MHS CD in your computer after you replace the HD and in about an hour your system is back to the way it was. That is a lot easier than spending all weekend or several days to get it back to the way it was with a whole lot less down time.

0 Comments: